Workshop announcement: "Wafer-scale integration of 2D materials"
The next big challenge in the field of graphene and 2D materials is the development of large-scale fabrication processes compatible with CMOS technology. This challenge will be the topic of a workshop organized in Aachen by AMO GmbH and RWTH Aachen University, on November 12-13, 2019.
In the past ten years, graphene and other two-dimensional (2D) have allowed prototyping devices with exceptional performances and potentially huge impact in electronics, photonics and sensor technology. The next big challenge is the wafer-scale integration of 2D materials, as success in real-world applications requires not only outstanding performance at the single-device level but also, large-scale fabrication processes. This challenge will be the topic of a workshop organized in Aachen by AMO GmbH and RWTH Aachen University, within the framework of the Aachen Graphene and 2D Materials Center.
The workshop will take place on November 12-13, 2019, and it will bring together experts from academia and industry to discuss the perspective of large-scale production of devices based on 2D materials and their integration into conventional electronic devices.
To attend the workshop, please register on-line until October 15, 2019. Registration is free of charges.
The workshop is financially supported by the European Union via the projects G-IMAGER, QUEFORMAL, ORIGENAL and ULISSES, and by the German BMBF via the projects GIMMIK and NOBLEMEMS.
When: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 12 noon — Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 14 pm
Venue: Forum M, Buchkremerstraße 1-7, 52062 Aachen, Germany
- Sanna Arpiainen (VTT, Espoo, Finland)
- Cedric Huyghebaert (IMEC, Leuven, Belgium)
- Holger Kalisch (RWTH Aachen University)
- Rausole Lukose (IHP, Leibnitz Institut für innovative Mikroelektronik, Frankfurt-Oder)
- Arne Quellmalz (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Christoph Stampfer (RWTH Aachen University)
- Zhenxing Wang (AMO GmbH, Aachen, Germany)
- Sebastian Wittmann (Infineon AG, Regensburg, Germany)
- Amaia Zurutuza (Graphenea, San Sebastian, Spain)
…. further speakers to be announced soon.
Organizers: Max Lemme (AMO & RWTH) & Daniel Neumaier (AMO)